FDD 2020 FAQs- Presenters

Thank you for joining us to share your work at John Jay’s Fall 2020 Faculty Development Day!

Please read the following questions and responses: if you have additional concerns, please let us know!

Do I need to register?

Yes! Please RSVP. We track participation for reporting, and presenters count as part of the attendance. The new form for RSVPs collects your responses in an easy format for us to make calculations and adjustments.

When am I presenting?

Please check your acceptance email from Dr. Foster, which contains the time for your session. You may also check the Fall 2020 Events at a Glance page for quick reference. Faculty Development Day. The online programs will list all presentations in the FDD schedule.

Where can I find my Zoom session information?

You will receive an email with your Zoom session links and related information. Zoom session links will be posted on the FDD website the day of the event.

What do I need to have?

Please have your presentation uploaded (powerpoint presentation or google presentation) for easy screensharing, as well as any handouts you plan to distribute electronically. You may want to have an additional device handy for messaging and paper and pen for quick notes.

When should I sign into my session?

Please sign in at least 10 minutes before your session begins. As you will have already uploaded your presentation, this will give you a chance to check plans with the other presenter(s) in your session as well as help to assure that presentations begin on time.

What should I do if I have to cancel or have an emergency?

Please email tlc@jjay.cuny.edu and inform your co-presenters, if any.

I have additional concerns. Who can help me?

For other needs or questions, please email the TLC at tlc@jjay.cuny.edu.

We look forward to seeing and learning from you on August 25th!